Dogs and their well-behaved humans are invited to put their best paw forward for St Teresa’s Hospice on Sunday 19th April, when we will be holding our fifth sponsored dog walk in Darlington’s South Park.
- £6 entry fee per dog (if registered by 12 noon on Wednesday 15th April 2020. Entry fee on the day will be £8 per dog).
- Suggested sponsorship target of £15 per dog.
- No charge for owners!
- Rosette and goody bag for every dog
- Many prizes to be won on our tombola!
- Agility course demonstration by South Durham Dog Agility
- Tombola, cake stall, refreshments and lots more!
Sponsored by Jollyes Pet Store Darlington
We charge an entry fee for this event so we can stage a great day for dogs and their families from Darlington and beyond.
This only covers the costs of putting on the event; to really make a difference, we need you to raise sponsorship money for St Teresa’s Hospice, and help us look after families who need us.
Our nursing and counselling teams work tirelessly throughout the year to give care and support to terminally ill people and their families. It costs over £3 million a year to provide these services and we need your help more than ever. Thank you!
Conditions of Entry:
- Registration on the day will be from 9am-10:15am, you cannot enter Bark in the Park if you arrive after 10:15.
- Photos and video may be taken at the event and used for further publicity and promotion. By signing up to Bark in the Park you agree to pictures and video being recorded and used by St Teresa’s Hospice for publicity purposes.
- There is ample parking on the surrounding roads.
- It is your dog that is sponsored, so as many human supporters as you like are welcome to join him or her on the walk.
- Dogs and handlers must be physically fit and able to complete the walk. There is a suitable wheelchair friendly alternative route for disabled entrants – please contact us if you wish to be entered on this route.
- Due to the nature of this event we are obliged to comply with the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
- Bark in the Park is open to all dogs, however we are not able to accept entry from any dogs belonging to types bred for fighting and those that would pose a danger to the public.
- If your dog might not get on with other dogs and might pose a risk, please ensure your dog is muzzled. All dogs are the responsibility of the handler on the day and MUST be kept on a lead at all times.
- The handler must bring a supply of dog waste bags and is responsible for cleaning up after their own dog.
- St Teresa’s Hospice can accept no liability for any injury you or your dog may sustain or any property you may lose or damage during this event.
- Dogs that participate must be up to date on their vaccines and must not be in season.
- Dog handlers under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- You can walk at your own pace and at the end do remember to sign out once you have finished the walk.
- Goody bags will only be issued to dogs that are registered in advance. If you register on the day your dog will receive a bag of treats.