Be part of St Teresa’s pawsitive new challenge!
On the weekend of April 30th to May 3rd, we will be hosting Bark in the Park 2021, in a slightly different format from previous years.
Dogs and their well-behaving humans are invited to do a sponsored dog walk, either around South Park or in your local area, completed in your social bubbles. You’ll be given a St Teresa’s Hospice Bandana for your fluffy-four-legged-friend and matching ears for you to wear on your walk when you sign up!
If you complete the South Park route, there will be specially hidden treasure hunt to find with entry into our special prize draw for the doggies who find the most.
There is a small entry fee of £10 for up to 4 people. When you sign up you’ll get your sponsor pack, ears and bandana, as well as all the information you need to make the event a success!
- £10.00 entry for up to four people (with a set of ears for each participant)
- £2.00 for each additional set of ears
- Free for all dogs (includes a doggie bandana for each dog)
- Suggested sponsorship target of £15 per dog
- Goody bag for every dog
- Prizes to be won for the doggie who finds the most in the treasure hunt
- St Teresa’s Stand on the Saturday with lots of goodies!
We hope that you will be able to join in, but if you can’t take part, you can still help us by spreading the word!
We want all supporters of St Teresa’s Hospice to be safe, so please make sure you are up to date with the current Government COVID-19 guidelines here: www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
Contact us on 01325 254321 or [email protected]
This only covers the costs of putting on the event; to really make a difference, we need you to raise sponsorship money for St Teresa’s Hospice and help us look after families who need us.
Conditions of Entry:
- Registration for the sponsored walk will be available until Monday 3rd May. However, if you register after the 28th May we will be unable to ensure you will receive your pack, including ears and bananas, on time.
- Photos and video may be taken at the event and used for further publicity and promotion. By signing up to Bark in the Park you agree to pictures and video being recorded and used by St Teresa’s Hospice for publicity purposes.
- If you wish to complete your walk in the South Park and take part in the treasure hunt, please follow all the latest government covid-19 guidance.
- Please complete your sponsored walk during the weekend of 30th April to 3rd May.
- If you’re choosing your own route, please be aware of your fitness levels and safety at all times.
- The dogs and owners who find the most in the Treasure Hunt will be entered into a prize draw where the winner will be selected at random.
- There is ample parking on the surrounding roads.
- Dogs and handlers must be physically fit and able to complete the walk.
- Due to the nature of this event, we are obliged to comply with the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
- Bark in the Park is open to all dogs, however, we are not able to accept entry from any dogs belonging to types bred for fighting and those that would pose a danger to the public.
- If your dog might not get on with other dogs and might pose a risk, please ensure your dog is muzzled. All dogs are the responsibility of the handler on the day and MUST be kept on a lead at all times.
- The handler must bring a supply of dog waste bags and is responsible for cleaning up after their own dog.
- St Teresa’s Hospice can accept no liability for any injury you or your dog may sustain or any property you may lose or damage during this event.
- Dogs that participate must be up to date on their vaccines and must not be in season.
- Dog handlers under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Goody bags will be redeemable after you’ve sent in your sponsorship for the event.