Our Family Support team offers free, confidential support for people who have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness, and those who care for them. We work alongside other health and social care services to help you through this difficult time.
HOW CAN OUR SERVICE HELP?
Our Family Support Team includes:
- Social workers
- Volunteer support workers
We are here to listen and assist with the stresses, difficulties and changes that may occur while living with a life-limiting illness. Perhaps you are worried about what to tell your children or how you will cope?
If there are practical issues that are worrying you, such as finances, benefits, housing or accessing appropriate services, we can offer support and advice with this too.
WHAT DOES THE FAMILY SUPPORT TEAM OFFER?
- Support is available to anyone living with a life-limiting condition.
- We offer space to talk through what is important to you as well as helping you to access any other relevant support or information.
- If you are looking after someone with a life-limiting illness we can assist you to identify your feelings and concerns, then arrange support to meet your needs.
- We also provide a specialist support to children and young people who are close to an adult with a life-limiting illness. In a child friendly way we enable children to communicate their feelings and concerns.
TIME OUT FOR CARERS
Here at the Hospice we offer regular support and information sessions that include:
- Questions and answers with a specialist doctor
- Information about benefits and financial help
- Opportunities to meet others in a similar situation
- Information about specialist services to help you and your family
- Practical advice about caring for someone with a serious illness
- Relaxation and complementary therapies.
Please contact us for more information: [email protected] or via the main Hospice number 01325 254321
When someone you care for has a life-threatening illness, life is never the same again. I find it really helpful to know that others are there for me.