How we keep your personal information safe
We value our supporters and protecting your privacy is vitally important to us. We are committed to ensuring we protect any personal information you give us.
This policy will explain how we use and protect your personal information. If you have any questions please call us on 01325 254321 or email [email protected], or alternatively our postal address is: The Woodlands, Woodland Road, Darlington, DL3 7UA.
Our registered charity number is 518394.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Personal information means anything that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address or email address. We may collect and process such information if, for example, you make a donation, take part in an event, reuse our services, or become involved in our campaigns.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
i. If you provide Personal Information for a certain purpose, such as an email enquiry, we may use it in connection with the purpose for which it was provided.
ii. If you provide Personal Information in order to take part in a fundraising event, we will use your Personal Information to provide you with information relevant to that specific event.
iii. Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may use your Personal Information to contact you in the future for marketing and advertising purposes, to inform you about events we believe might be of interest to you.
3. HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected, or for which it was further processed, subject to certain legal obligations mentioned below.
- We hold personal information relating to:
i. donations you’ve made to us for 7 years since the date of your last donation
ii. subscribing to a newsletter you can unsubscribe at any time
- We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations, for example the collection of Gift Aid or to support certain financial transactions.
- We will also hold information about your details so that we can respect your preferences for being contacted by us.
- The law allows you to withdraw your consent to any particular usage of your data at any time without needing to specify a reason. You can withdraw your consent by emailing [email protected] or calling 01325 254321.
4. HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
- Your support means we can continue to provide care and support to people across South Durham & North Yorkshire. We love to let you know the latest news about our work, how your support is making a difference and the ways you can get involved.
- We will not contact you again if you ask us not to. This can relate to all communications with you or to certain campaigns or channels of communication. You can contact us to change your contact preferences by emailing [email protected] or calling 01325 254321.
- We will never contact you to send you information about how you can support St Teresa’s Hospice by email or text unless you have given us your prior permission.
5. THIRD PARTIES
- St Teresa’s Hospice will not share your details with a Third Party unless we have your explicit consent to do so. We do not give anyone else access to your information, in return for payment, for their marketing or commercial purposes.
- When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- For sponsored events we encourage supporters to use JustGiving. You can find out more about this very easy and efficient means of collecting sponsorship for your event by visiting www.justgiving.com
6. WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION STORED?
- Your personal data is held on secure servers operated by both St Teresa’s Hospice and agencies contracted by us. We carry out thorough checks to ensure those agencies we work with are fully compliant with data protection regulation.
7. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Hospice will try to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
i. give you a description of it;
ii. tell you why we are holding it;
iii. tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
iv. let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
- To make a request to the Hospice for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Data Controller:Data Controller
St Teresa’s Hospice
- If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
- If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting the Data Controller.
8. OPT-OUT OR CHANGE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
- You can opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by calling 01325 254321 or emailing [email protected]
- You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update your contact information previously provided to us through another online form.
9. QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR POLICIES
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement you can contact us at: [email protected]