Volunteers are essential to the work of St Teresa’s Hospice – we simply couldn’t do what we do without them!
Volunteering for the Hospice you will join a team of over 200 people and there are many opportunities to make a difference to our patients and their families, from direct help, to retail and helping at fundraising events.
We currently need volunteer help in the following areas:
- Volunteer Counsellor: We are looking to recruit experienced, qualified counsellors who are able to offer professional and caring counselling support to palliative patients and their carers/families as well as those who have been bereaved. We offer ongoing training and professional supervision as part of a friendly and supportive team and ask that all counselling volunteers commit to take at least 4 clients.
- Volunteer Visitor: to make a weekly visit to one of our patients to talk, listen and perhaps take them out. You will need to be able to commit to two hours per week.
- Complementary Therapies: we are seeking a Qualified Aromatherapist. Must have Level Three or equivalent, and post qualification experience is desirable.
- Volunteers to assist with Fundraising events such as the Giving to Life Tree, Darlington Santa Run, and Bark in the Park.
- Volunteer Administrative Assistant: Must have considerable secretarial/admin experience at top level and be able to volunteer without the need for close supervision and make a regular commitment.
- Shop Volunteers: Assisting in our charity shops, displaying goods, pricing, selling items, tidying and maintaining a clean store, interacting with customers in one of our 11 shops across South Durham & North Yorkshire. We are particularly looking for volunteers in our shops at Thirsk, Northallerton, Richmond, Leyburn, Shildon and our four shops in Darlington including the furniture Superstore on McMullen Road.
- Warehouse: Receiving donated goods and sorting items for recycling or for sale in one of our shops
- Workshop: To assist with the restoration of donated furniture and bric-a-brac in our well-equipped workshop within the Superstore.