Volunteers are essential to the work of St Teresa’s Hospice – we simply couldn’t do what we do without them!
Volunteering for the Hospice you will join a team of over 400 people and there are many opportunities to make a difference to our patients and their families, from direct help, to retail and helping at fundraising events.
We currently need volunteers in the following areas:
- Healthcare Volunteers to help provide personal care to patients in our In-Patient Unit. You would need considerable experience as a Carer (paid or unpaid) or a nurse.
- Volunteer Receptionists to answer the phone and greet visitors. A great telephone manner, ability to take accurate messages and a warm personality are all that’s required.
- Volunteers to assist with Fundraising events and appeals; helping to marshal events such as the Darlington Santa Run, run stalls like our Easter and Christmas tombolas, or assist in the office by preparing event packs and carrying out telephone follow up.
- In-Patient Unit Volunteers to help serve meals and interact with patients are needed for Wednesday mornings, Thursday and Friday late afternoon/evenings and alternate Saturday mornings. *This role is suitable for, but not limited to, 16 – 18 year olds*
- Shop Volunteers: for our 10 charity shops across Darlington and North Yorkshire. We are particularly looking for volunteers in our shops at Mowden (Monday afternoons), McMullen Road (Saturdays), Skinnergate (Wednesdays) and our new High Row shop (any day). *This role is suitable for, but not limited to, 16 – 18 year olds*
- Warehouse Roles: 1) Receiving donated goods and sorting items for recycling or for sale in one of our shops, 2) Drivers to deliver items to our shops and to customers’ homes and/or assist with house clearances 3) Volunteers to assist with photographing and listing items for sale on eBay.
- Other roles are also available, including qualified Counsellors, qualified Complementary Therapists, Gardeners, Florists and Volunteer Visitors. Please fill in an application form and we will invite you to come in to discuss the possibilities, or call 01325 254321 to speak to the Workforce Development Officer.