Volunteers are essential to the work of St Teresa’s Hospice – we simply couldn’t do what we do without them!
Volunteering for the Hospice you will join a team of over 200 people and there are many opportunities to make a difference to our patients and their families, from direct help, to retail and helping at fundraising events.
We currently need volunteer help in the following areas:
- House clearance/delivery volunteers: Based in our warehouse on McMullen Road, you will assist with collecting furniture and bags of donated goods, loading it safely onto our vans and unloading at our warehouse as well as delivering items to our shops and to customers. Driving licence and a willingness to drive our vans is desirable but not essential.
- Complementary Therapies: we are seeking a Qualified Aromatherapist. Must have Level Three or equivalent, and post qualification experience is desirable.
- Volunteers to assist with Fundraising events such as the Giving to Life Tree, Darlington Santa Run, and Bark in the Park.
- Shop Volunteers: Assisting in our charity shops, displaying goods, pricing, selling items, tidying and maintaining a clean store, interacting with customers in one of our 11 shops across South Durham & North Yorkshire. We are particularly looking for volunteers in our shops at Thirsk, Northallerton, Richmond, Leyburn, Shildon and our four shops in Darlington including the furniture Superstore on McMullen Road.
- Warehouse: Receiving donated goods and sorting items for recycling or for sale in one of our shops
- Workshop: To assist with the restoration of donated furniture and bric-a-brac in our well-equipped workshop within the Superstore.
- Volunteer Counsellor: We are looking to recruit experienced, qualified counsellors who are able to offer professional and caring counselling support to palliative patients and their carers/families as well as those who have been bereaved. We offer ongoing training and professional supervision as part of a friendly and supportive team and ask that all counselling volunteers commit to take at least 4 clients.
- Volunteer Visitor: to make a weekly visit to one of our patients to talk, listen and perhaps take them out. You will need to be able to commit to two hours per week.